Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Goodbye, Brandi


    November 5th saw one of the saddest moments on our farm as we said our goodbyes to Brandy (Brandi's Leo Lady).  Our goodbyes were messages of love and remembrance for all she had done to teach so many about riding, horsemanship, and most importantly, Love.
    It began as a cool fall in October set in and Brandi's health took a turn for the worse.  What began as a time to start feeding the horses, ended in Brandi falling and struggling to get up.  We were able to get her up and moving but after that she was never the same.  Within a week her health had plummeted and we worked frantically to do what we could to ease her pain and discomfort.  However, all we could do wasn't enough.  So we made plans to have her put to rest in her pasture here on the farm.  Friends and family gathered to say their goodbyes until next time.
We will always remember her and her love for her herd, her family, and friends.

As you go to greener pastures, may your hooves thunder through the sky. For I am with you always, and you with I.

I thank you, for guarding my secrets and teaching me things my parents or friends could not.
I thank you, for being the best listener in the world and teaching me to fly.
I thank you, for showing me how to face my fears and always reminding me to smile.
I thank you, for teaching me hard work and dedication pays off.
I thank you, for never giving up on me and trusting me always.
I thank you, for reminding me to dream and catching my tears as they fall.
I thank you, for watching over our family and any child who needed a dream.
I thank you, for your friendship and the memory you leave behind.

For I am always with you, and you with I.

Thank you, BRANDI'S LEO LADY

- Racing Creek Farms














No comments:

Post a Comment